Hi Konstantin,

On 2 Nov 2013 01:06, "Konstantin Kolinko" <knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/11/1 Vidyadhar <techienote....@gmail.com>:
> > On 1 Nov 2013 00:52, "Konstantin Kolinko" <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > automatically

> > as
> > stop
> >> >

> >> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/listeners.html
> >>
> >> There are several listeners that have been already configured there.
You
> > can
> >> use their source code as an example.

> >> A recent commercial JRE, but 5,5 years old Tomcat? You may need to read
> > this:
> >> http://tomcat.apache.org/security-6.html

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:382)

org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.unLockSocket(ChannelSocket.java:486)
> > org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.pause(ChannelSocket.java:283)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:563)
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:628)

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina$CatalinaShutdownHook.run(Catalina.java:671)

> >> Here you already have the stacktrace.
> >>
> >> It starts with "CatalinaShutdownHook". It means that JVM was shut down
> >> by some external force (e.g. a HUP signal). Thus the shutdown hook was
> >> triggered.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Konstantin Kolinko

> > Hi Konstantin,
> >
> > To find out the actual reason we are changing log level to trace. Will
keep
> > you all updated on the same.
>
> What log level?

Added .level = fine to understand what is happening.

> Tuning anything on the java side is unlikely to help.
>
> 1. If shutdown is initiated by ShutdownHook like in the stacktrace
> above, it means that JVM died (because of Ctrl+C or SUGHUP or similar
> that happened outside of the Java code)
> or exited (because of a java.lang.System.exit() call).

This is unix environment and I suppose if we execute startup.sh tomcat runs
in background.