Hello,

Hopefully you guys can help me out with this…

I am using Netbeans 7.3.1, Tomcat 6.0.37, Java EE 5, and Java JDK 1.7.0_45.
When I create a new maven web application project and try to run it, I get the
following error:

NetBeans: Deploying on Apache Tomcat
    profile mode: false
    debug mode: true
    force redeploy: true
Starting Tomcat process...
Waiting for Tomcat...
Starting of Tomcat failed.
Deployment error: Starting of Tomcat failed.
See the server log for details.
        at
org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.devmodules.api.Deployment.deploy(Deployment.java:230)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.maven.j2ee.ExecutionChecker.performDeploy(ExecutionChecker.java:178)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.maven.j2ee.ExecutionChecker.executionResult(ExecutionChecker.java:130)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.maven.execute.MavenCommandLineExecutor.run(MavenCommandLineExecutor.java:212)
        at
org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:153)

Not sure what is wrong. When I navigate to localhost:8080 after executing the
project, the server is back up. Netbeans does, however, fail to shut the server
down. So when I try executing the same project again, I get this:

NetBeans: Deploying on Apache Tomcat
    profile mode: false
    debug mode: false
    force redeploy: true
Starting of Tomcat failed, the server port 8080 is already in use.
Deployment error: Starting of Tomcat failed, the server port 8080 is already in
use.
See the server log for details.
        at
org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.devmodules.api.Deployment.deploy(Deployment.java:230)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.maven.j2ee.ExecutionChecker.performDeploy(ExecutionChecker.java:178)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.maven.j2ee.ExecutionChecker.executionResult(ExecutionChecker.java:130)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.maven.execute.MavenCommandLineExecutor.run(MavenCommandLineExecutor.java:212)
        at
org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:153)

Not sure what’s going on here… I have the correct login information of
admin/admin, I think. I’m a total newb at server stuff, so I might be doing
something stupid.

I’ll also note that I used to be using Tomcat 7, but it wasn’t even
auto-generating the web.xml file when I created a new web application project.

Please help!
 Thanks!

-Jonathan-