On 28/11/2013 12:59, spr...@gmx.eu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I 'm using the CorsFilter in Tomcat 7.0.47, all good.
> Then tried it in 7.0.37 -> no luck, only available since 7.0.41.
> OK, I put the class into the war file and expected that it is loadable now.
> But I get a ClassNotFound. Guessing some special classloader rules I remaned
> the class to com.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter and now it is working.
>
> So - what are the special rules for org.apache.catalina.*?

There aren't any. Without the details of how you configured the filter,
where you put the class file and the stack trace of the exception we
can't help you.

> Thank you
>
> P.S. yum update tomcat7 did not help, lastest tomcat7 is 7.0.37. How can I
> update it to the lastest version?

Complain to the folks the produce the package you use.

> Just wget the tar from tomcat downloads
> and extract it into the current tomcat dir?

How successful (or not) that is will depend on how your package has been
constructed.

> Or will this destroy the tomcat?

Based on past experience, probably.

Mark