Hello Serge,

Thank you for your reply. This option seems to be similar to the first
thing i tried, editing conf/web.xml. As is suggested in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13914575/how-to-build-server-level-custom-error-page-in-tomcat

But contrary to what's stated in the stackoverlow message, this does not
work if the error occours in the context of another web application.
The following issue description is similar to mine;
http://anthonyjdev.blogspot.nl/2012/09/custom-error-page-for-all-apps-in-tomcat.html
In this case, even if the location is defined in conf/web.xml (global), the
error pages are being searched for in the context of the web application
that issued the error. In strict J2EE sense, i do understand that
reasoning. That's not what i want though ;)

If i am wrong about the understanding of all of this, please correct me.
But i just tried that stackoverlow approach again and still it seems to be
tied to the webapp that issues the error.

Thank you,

Regards,

Maarten

.