We have this HP load runner running a load of requests on this system. We don't
see request rejected by Tomcat but if I monitor the activeCount attribute of
Mbean "Catalina:type=Executor,name=tomcatThreadPool" over the period of test
why the activeCount is not going above 200. if I continuously track activeCount
and currentThreadsBusy of MBean "Catalina:type=ThreadPool,name="http-bio-8080""
I see the graph reahes 200 and flat lines there. Please find monitored graph
attached during one of the tests. See time frm start of graph to the 13:30 when
test ended. ignore the in between part and rest graph that is of another
ongoing test.

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:06 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

On 23/01/2014 13:30, akshay hiremath wrote:

> Why tomcat is not able to have more than 200 active Threads (parallel
> threads) processng my requests?

It can. The issue is that the combination of the requests you are making
(which you fail to describe), your load testing framework (which you
fail to describe) and the scheduling in the CPUs of your hardware (which
you also fail to describe) mean that the chances of there actually being
300 concurrent requests for Tomcat to process is pretty much zero.

Mark