akshay,

On 1/26/14, 2:04 PM, akshay hiremath wrote:

> On Friday, January 24, 2014 7:04 PM, Konstantin Kolinko
> <knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 2014/1/24 akshay hiremath <akshay...@yahoo.com>:
>> Through some trials found that its not enough to increase the
>> Executors thread count(maxThreads for Executor element) but also
>> need to increase the Connectors thread count(maxThreads for
>> Connector element). This behavior is not actually clearly
>> captured in tomcat documentation says
>>

> 1. The rules: http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
>
> -> 6. do not top-post, 7. do not send attachments
>
> 2. Are you sure that you are actually using an Executor?
>
> In your original port there is no guarantee that the "executor"
> attribute of your Connector matches the name of an Executor that
> you declared.  If the Executor does not exist, the attribute will
> be ignored.

>> 1. The rules: http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
>
>> -> 6. do not top-post, 7. do not send attachments
>
> Sorry about Top posting. i didn't know about  top post issue. Now
> I'm taking care of this.
>

>> In your original port there is no guarantee that the "executor"
>> attribute of your Connector matches the name of an Executor that
>> you declared.  If the Executor does not exist, the attribute will
>> be ignored.
>
> I'm using the Executor in the connector. In case if you have missed
> my original post portions because of my wrong top posting.
>
> server.xml content:
>
> <Executor name="tomcatThreadPool"
> namePrefix="${server.service-Catalina.executor-tomcatThreadPool.namePrefix}"

maxThreads="${server.service-Catalina.executor-tomcatThreadPool.maxThreads}"
> minSpareThreads="${server.service-Catalina.executor-tomcatThreadPool.minSpareThreads}"/>

Executor's

name: tomcatThreadPool

> <Connector
> executor="${server.service-Catalina.connector.http1.1.executor}"

Executor reference:
"${server.service-Catalina.connector.http1.1.executor}". Depending
upon the value of all that mess, you might not have the right executor
name.

How about showing us the segment of the server.xml that actually gets
used by Tomcat, instead of the ant-processed template file?

> server.service-Catalina.connector.http1.1.executor=tomcatThreadPool

Are

you sure?

Try connecting with JMX and taking a look at the connector's executor
name.