> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: How to deploy class jar file without restart Apache tomcat
> 7.0.40 server(Linux OS)

> > Our web application contains both .war as well as .jar's file.

Not possible.  It's either/or, not both - if the webapp is built properly.  You
may have added .jar files elsewhere that really should be included in the .war
file.

> > When ever we changes our service layer code it will be in .jar
> > file which also deploying in tomact server. I just want avoid
> > restarting server for changes  in .jar file.

> As long as your web application redeploys cleanly (e.g. does not leak
> memory -- particular ClassLoaders), you should not have to restart
> Tomcat just to reload a web application.

I have a suspicion that the OP painted himself into a corner by having a .war
file for most of the webapp but then dumping some .jar files that the webapp
depends on into Tomcat's lib directory - a really, really bad idea.  Such .jar
files should be part of the .war file, not in some accidentally associated
location.  Perhaps this is another instance of trying to save disk space by
putting common .jar files in a single location for use by multiple webapps,
rather than properly including them in each webapp.  Whatever is going on
smacks of poor application deployment methodology.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.