Mark Thomas wrote:
On 03/02/2014 11:32, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 03/02/2014 10:43, Sampers, Ruud wrote:
Tomcat 7.047. Default setup form web.

Added an webapp with webdav enabled

readonly = false;

Windows 7:
Mapped a drive to the specific folder:
View content OK, put creating a new file/folder results in a dialog
There is a long list of things that are broken in various versions of
the Microsoft WebDAV client. You should try the WebdavFixFilter which
identifies some of them and even fixes a few where it can. That said, I
am sure there will be problems that that filter doesn't catch. I'll see
if I have a Windows 7 client handy to test with and see if I can
reproduce this.

Looks like Windows 7 only likes connecting on port 80. Not much Tomcat
can do about that.

From memory of previous investigations, I think it is a bit more complicated :
It wants either the connection to be https, or else it only accepts to be mapped to a "root" URL.
In other words, something like :
- map to "https://server.company.com:443/somefolder/"; is OK
- map to "http://server.company.com/somefolder/"; is not OK
- map to "http://server.company.com/"; is OK
But, as you mentioned earlier, the list of inconsistencies and problems with the various Microsoft DAV client implementations is just about endless. We have resorted to using separate DAV clients instead (WebDrive e.g.).