LS,

Native apache WebDAV implementation is unable to reroute the root
directory

to another location.

The error returned was induced by experimenting with aliases in
different

directories outside the tomcat context, the logging revealed that on
that

specific url (via the alias) the webdav protocol is not available. After

several experiments conducted with paths, docBase and aliases I came to
the

conclusion that the only thing that was working  is webdav enabled in
the

ROOT, without having the possibility to put your content outside the
webdav

folder.

Windows 7  (with my test cases) was not the issue, I also tried
cyberduck

webdav (great tool btw) gave the same responses.

What worked for my is the:

                <servlet-class>

                                net.sf.webdav.WebdavServlet

                </servlet-class>

Implementation 2 JARs put in the lib directory:

WEB-INF

     +\LIB

        + jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.5.jar

                                + slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar

                                + webdav-servlet-2.0.1.jar

Plus the default webdav servlet descriptor in the web.inf , rootpath put

c:/tmp. Worked out of the box.

>From this I mapped drives from windows 7 and cyberduck and it al worked

great. Basic crud like you would expect.

Happy coding!

Ruud Sampers.

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.

immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.