On Feb 6, 2014 9:58 AM, "Shivam Mishra" <shmishra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hye I am using Tomcat 8.0.1 ,my operating system is Windows 8.1 and it is
> 64- bit configuration .I made a folder in webapps for my servlet but I am
> unable to access it Please help

Shivam,

Is your tomcat running? What port number? How did you start tomcat?

Do you see the default application?
e.g. http://localhost:8080

Typical web application would have the following folder structure:

myapp/
myapp/WEB-INF/classes/com/shivamcompany/myproject/web/MyServlet.class
myapp/index.jsp
myapp/images/...

You would either make a myapp.war or just copy the folder into
TOMCAT_INSTALL_FOLDER_ON_YOUR_SYSTEM/webapps.

Start your tomcat if it is not started.

Your application should be visible from http://localhost:8080/myweb

How did you compile your servlet?

How is your servlet mapped? Are you using web.xml to map or annotations in
the servlet code?

Your servlet should be visible from
http://localhost:8080/myapp/servlet_mapping

and would execute doGet(...) method you defined in your servlet (if you
just requested the address in the browser).

Hope that helps.
Good luck!