My tomcat and its example application is running but I got an error with my
own application .My port number is 8080 .I compile my servlet programme in
jdk 7 .and my web.xml file is below
<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd";>

<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>TestServlet</servlet-class>

  </servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/TestServlet</url-pattern>