I remember installing an older version of Tomcat some years ago and it had
a Setup.exe or Install.exe program in its library which invoked the Windows
installer and installed it as a service.  Some of the documentation for
version 7 mentions the Windows installer but does not provide a link or
gives an actual name.  In some other part of the documentation it says to
download the binary version and expand it in its own directory, which I
did, but I can not find a Windows program that will install it and set it
up as a service.
I am running Windows 7  64 bit and I did download the Tomcat 64 bit binary
version

I also tried at the command prompt the following to install it as a
service, which I did, but it still will not start through the Windows
Services panel.
tomcat7 //IS//Tomcat7 --DisplayName="Apache Tomcat 7"
--Install="C:\Tomcat7042\bin\tomcat7.exe" --Jvm=auto --StartMode=jvm
--StopMode=jvm --StartClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
--StartParams=start --StopClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
--StopParams=stop

Thank you

Javier España
Sr. Technical Analyst