Yes no session is lost, and memory isn't wasted as with delta manager.

With 4 nodes,
when I ask 18080 or 28080 or 38080
node 48080 takes 2 more times than other two backup nodes,
now I stop all

now I tried starting nodes in order 2(8080),3,4,1 and started asking from 2
and not 4 was taking greater load but last started 1 (stil 2 times more
than others)
it looks like the last started tomcat takes greater load
now I stop all

now started in order 3,4,2, 1 was not started, asked 4, node 2 has two
times more sessions than node 3.
now I start node 1, ask 4, and now node 1 takes two time more than other
backup nodes.

now I added another fifth node 58080, started it, and now it takes 40% of
backup sessions, and each of other 3 backup nodes takes 20% of backup
session.

Configuration is the same for all tomcats except from catalina.properties
with port numbers.

/node1$ ls
conf  logs  run.sh  temp  work

node 2, 3, and 4 are copy of node 1,

nodes are started with ./run.sh with the same JVM parameters:

node1$ cat run.sh
export CATALINA_HOME=/szkolenie/tomcat
export CATALINA_BASE=$(pwd)

/szkolenie/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh run

in server.xml:

<Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
channelSendOptions="6">

                  <Manager
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.BackupManager"
                   expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                   notifyListenersOnReplication="true"
                   mapSendOptions="6"/>

</Cluster>