I am looking for free documentation for scaling Tomcat 7 horizontally.  I
currently have three tomcat 7 application servers load balanced.   The system
is working good.  I have noticed that my number of connections has increased.
I was hoping to find an up to date resource guide that would give me
suggestions on when to add additional nodes.  I know there are a gazillion
variables to consider.  I am just wanting to get some generalized suggestions.
I have read on a couple of sites that at about 500 to 750 connections one
should really consider adding additional nodes.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell<http://illinois.edu/person/lance>
Software Architect
Web Services at Public Affairs