From: Akoulov, Alexandre [SB]
Sent: Wednesday, 17 May 2006 2:17 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Reloadable context

Hi ,

I am using tomcat-5.5.12 and would like it to auto reload my web app as soon as
it detects the change  of the web app class(es). That's why i've turned on the
"reloadable" attribute of the Context element that defines my web app:

<Context path="/myWebApp" docBase="/home/testUser/myWebApp"  reloadable="true"
crossContext="true" allowLinking="true" />

It does not seem to work. When I recompile one of myWebApp's servlets tomcat
detects the change but then throws a warning:

May 17, 2006 7:33:41 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload
INFO: Reloading this Context has started
May 17, 2006 7:34:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke
WARNING: Servlet invoker is currently unavailable

So I've got to restart tomcat to get my change deployed.

Any idea on what I am missing?

Thanks a lot.

Alex.