Thanks - that was simpler than I thought. Follow up bonus question: what's the new "current directory" of ServletContext? Here's what I mean:

I had the following code in servlet context listener inside myapp.war getting properties from a .properties file *outside* the .war:

ServletContext.getResourceAsStream("../myapp.properties");

This used to be my directory structure:

$catalina.base/
               webapps/myapp.war
               webapps/myapp
               webapps/myapp.properties

Now that I'm deploying ROOT.war instead of myapp.war, the above line can't find myapp.properties. Here's the current dir structure:

$catalina.base/
               webapps/ROOT.war
               webapps/ROOT
               webapps/myapp.properties

So, when I was deploying myapp.war, ServletContext's "current dir" was webapps/myapp. What's the new "current directory" of ServletContext for ROOT application?

thanks
-nikita
Mark Thomas wrote:
Nikita Tovstoles wrote:
Hi,

I have myapp.war that I'd like to deploy by copying myapp.war to
catalina.base/webapps; but I would like to bind the app to context "/".

Rename it to ROOT.war

Mark