On 3/4/2014 9:40 AM, Bill Davidson wrote:
We tried to upgrade a production server to Tomcat 7 yesterday and it
broke our printing applet that we use to control a printer in its native
printer language.

This seemed odd to us because it worked perfectly in testing. When we
go direct to our production servers (bypassing the Cisco load balancer
which is doing SSL for us), it also works fine in production.

The only thing that's changed is using Tomcat 7.

We only have one connector in server.xml

    <Connector port="8009"
            protocol="AJP/1.3"
            address="127.0.0.1"
            redirectPort="443"
            connectionTimeout="600000"
            maxThreads="1000"
            maxPostSize="5242880"
            maxParameterCount="66000" />

I realized that I forgot a lot of info:

Tomcat 7.0.47 on RHEL 5.10
Apache httpd 2.2.25

It worked fine with Tomcat 6.0.37

The applet is bit-for-bit identical.  It's built with Java 1.1 compatibility
mode.

It's some sort of combination of the load balancer and Tomcat 7 not getting
along with each other, but there's nothing to indicate that in catalina.out or
mod_jk.log or error.log.