Hello,

I try to implement the authentification for the tomcat manager application
against active directory.

Unfortunately I don't understand the role concept. I like to give the users
permissions to open the manager when they're in this group:

> memberOf: CN=Tomcat Admins,OU=Roles,OU=Spezielle
> Gruppen,OU=SITES,OU=\#KONFIGURATION,DC=DOM,DC=de

server.xml:
        <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"  debug="99"
                connectionName="CN=SVC,OU=Service
Accounts,OU=SITES,OU=\#KONFIGURATION,DC=DOM,DC=de"
                connectionPassword="_2VK!WHzybn1SJ8P"

connectionURL="ldap://server:389/OU=SITES,OU=\#KONFIGURATION,DC=DOM,DC=de?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"

                userSearch="(sAMAccountName={0})"
                userSubtree="true"

                roleSearch="(memberof={0})"
                roleSubtree="true"
                userRoleName="CN=Tomcat Admins,OU=Roles,OU=Spezielle
Gruppen,OU=SITES,OU=\#KONFIGURATION,DC=DOM,DC=de "
            />

<!--            roleBase="DC=DOM,DC=de"
                roleName="cn"
-->

With this configuration I can open the Manager, but got no permissions.

Even if the user role relationship will found, I don't understand how I can
assign tomcat roles (e.g. manager-gui) to the user.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Bjoern