From: Jean-Christophe Praud [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:02 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: ClassCastException on cluster deserialization

Hi all,

I'm setting up a Tomcat cluster on two servers, and I keep getting a ClassCastException on a session variable (GW). The server which handles the request works well, but the other one can't get the session data.

Its GW object seems to be instantiated, valueBound(HttpSessionBindingEvent event) is called, the object is added to the session, then I get the Exception.

I tried with Tomcat 5.5.16 and 5.5.17, with several <Sender> replicationMode.

My session variable com.package1.subpackage1.GW implements the Serializable interface and contains some classes which are also Serializable. I don't see any Exception from the writeObject or readObject methods on any server.

My config :

<Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster" managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
                expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                useDirtyFlag="true"
                notifyListenersOnReplication="true">

           <Membership
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
               mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
               mcastPort="45564"
               mcastFrequency="500"
               mcastDropTime="3000"/>

           <Receiver
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
               tcpListenAddress="auto"
               tcpListenPort="4001"
               tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
               tcpThreadCount="6"/>

           <Sender
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
               replicationMode="synchronous"
                               autoConnect="true"
                               keepAliveTimeout="-1"
               ackTimeout="15000"/>

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve" filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.png;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.*\.css;.*\.txt;"/> <Deployer className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
                     tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"
                     deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"
                     watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"
                     watchEnabled="false"/>
<ClusterListener className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
       </Cluster>

The Exception's log :

18 mai 2006 16:48:28 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaSession setAttribute
GRAVE: Session attribute event listener threw exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.package1.subpackage1.GW
at common.listeners.ClusterAppSessionListener.printSessionInfo(ClusterAppSessio
nListener.java:47)
at common.listeners.ClusterAppSessionListener.attributeAdded(ClusterAppSessionL
istener.java:26)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaSession.setAttribute(DeltaSession.j
ava:1310)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaRequest.execute(DeltaRequest.java:1
59)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.handleSESSION_DELTA(DeltaMa
nager.java:1565)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.messageReceived(DeltaManage
r.java:1516)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.messageDataReceived(DeltaMa
nager.java:1268)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener.messageReceived(C
lusterSessionListener.java:85)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster.receive(SimpleTcpCluster.ja
va:1163)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ClusterReceiverBase.messageDataReceived(Clus
terReceiverBase.java:418)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.io.ObjectReader.execute(ObjectReader.java:107) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.drainChannel(TcpReplica
tionThread.java:138)
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.run(TcpReplicationThrea
d.java:69)

What did I miss ?

Regards,