Good question :). But I got a good reason for it.

I got two servers with several tomcat instances.
In front of them is a loadbalancer with is configured to do a failover.

               -LB-
Server1:8081        Server2:8081

I need to write a shell script to sync a specific directory and for each tomcat
instance I need to know on which one the loadbalancer is targeting at the
moment.
If tomcat 8081 on server 1 is down, the loadbalancer will point to server 2
tomcat 8081. I can find it out through the loadbalancer address only.