Hi,

On 04/02/2014 04:54 PM, bjoern.bec...@easycash.de wrote:
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. April 2014 16:35
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: grab hostname from tomcat manager

bjoern.bec...@easycash.de wrote:
Hello,

I need to grab the hostname from the tomcat manager somehow.
Unfortunately this URL "manager/text/serverinfo" doesn't contain the
hostname.
Is there any other smart way to receive the hostname via tomcat
manager app?
For give me for asking, but how do you access the tomcat manager if you
do not know the hostname ?
Good question :). But I got a good reason for it.

I got two servers with several tomcat instances.
In front of them is a loadbalancer with is configured to do a failover.

                -LB-
Server1:8081        Server2:8081

I need to write a shell script to sync a specific directory and for each tomcat
instance I need to know on which one the loadbalancer is targeting at the
moment.
If tomcat 8081 on server 1 is down, the loadbalancer will point to server 2
tomcat 8081. I can find it out through the loadbalancer address only.

I think the right source of the information you need is the load balancer, if you have access obviously. If not, you have the other "indirect" methods suggested from the others in this thread, jvmRoute or a page which shows the hostname.

Beware to the load balancing method used too, source ip, simple round robin or other.