On 11.04.2014 17:22, Robert Klemme wrote:

JSP _is_ a templating mechnism. In what way do you expect another
templating mechanism to help here? All the strings (among other stuff)
need to be stored somewhere in memory anyway.

Well, IMHO JSP is not only a templating mechanism. It's also a compiler and deployer :-( All the strings are already stored on disk, I see no reason to store them in memory as well. Similar case applies to various CMS systems out there - content is stored in database, no reason to keep it permanently in memory.

My point was to consider using templating engine like e.g. Velocity. There's one servlet that is capable of serving any page. Compare it to 16000 servlets.

I mean: anything is good that will read/process content on the fly and will not keep it forever in memory.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>