> Hi,
>
> I'm facing performance issue with my application which loads a very large
> number of different JSPs (ie 16 000). As the application loads the
> different JSP, the response time becomes longer and the CPU increases.
>
> I have tried many configurations by modifying the maxLoadedJsp,
> PermgenSize, jspIdleTimeout parameters, but without having positive results.

1. Personally I am pessimistic about 'maxLoadedJsps' option, because
even if you unload a JSP, the strings used in its code will still
remain in JVM constant strings pool.  Anyway, I expect the best
performance would be if you do not try unloading the JSPs.

2. Did you set development=false on JspServlet?
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jasper-howto.html#Production_Configuration

Note: I would not recommend using 'genStringAsCharArray',

3. There are a number of ways to monitor your memory usage.

4. Does the number of requests remain the same and only the number of
JSPs increases? How much is "longer" in "the response time becomes
longer" ?