> On 4/14/2014 1:33 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

>>> Running TC 7.0.42 on Windows Server 2008 R2 as a windows service, JRE
>>> 1.6.0_45 32-bit.
>>>
>>> What I'm seeing is that my context path is not being initialized with the
>>> name I expect:
>>>
>>> My .war file is named eddSrv.war (lower-case first letter), but the
>>> context
>>> is being initialized as EddSrv (upper-case first letter), and therefore
>>> my
>>> client app is not able to connect to it.  I have 10 other identical apps
>>> on
>>> this server, each listening on a different port, and they are all working
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> I am configured with catalina_home different from catalina_base, and do
>>> not
>>> have a context.xml anywhere that would override the .war file name as the
>>> context name.  Any idea of where else to look?
>>>

>>> Excerpt from catalina.log, showing the .war file being deployed:
>>>
>>> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.42
>>> Apr 14, 2014 1:00:35 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
>>> INFO: Deploying web application archive
>>> D:\RtData\EddSrv\webapps\eddSrv.war
>>> Apr 14, 2014 1:00:37 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
>>> INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-apr-55015"]
>>> Apr 14, 2014 1:00:37 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>>> INFO: Server startup in 1909 ms
>>>

>>> And from the stdout log, showing the context path:
>>>
>>> 2014-04-14 13:00:32 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized
>>> 2014-04-14 13:00:37: Context initialized:  'EddSrv'
>>

>> What prints the above message to System.out?
>

> I don't know; I do know that it's not my app...

It might be some unrelated issue. E.g. your catalina.base is named
'EddSrv'. Maybe you are using the same name elsewhere, e.g. to
identify different servers.

You real issue is that you clients cannot connect.

So, what is in the logs? Did your webapp start successfully? Did
Tomcat start successfully and listens on the ports?

You can verify that webapp started (and its name) by looking at a
listing in the Manager web application,  or via JMX (jconsole.exe).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko