> Hi All,
>
> I need some help from all the tomcat experts out there!  I am using tomcat
> behind apache httpd using mod_jk (1.2.39).  About 50-100 times per day (out
> of many requests), I’m getting an internal server error from Tomcat (error
> 500), without any exceptions in my code, nor in Tomcat logs.  I am only
> seeing the error in my New Relic application monitoring tool, and I can see
> them in the mod_jk logs if I turn on debug.

Can you update to 1.2.40 released today? It fixes several issues.

Is error 500 mentioned in Access log at Tomcat side?

If an error happens at some early state of processing (in Connector,
in CoyoteAdapter), then there may be nothing in the
catalina/localhost/web application logs, unless you turn on debug
logging at Tomcat side.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko