Hi,

 We are using Tomcat 7.0.40 version. We are using Tomcat DBCP for pooling
connections.

 We are able to pool connections for different aliases. But for one alias,
connections are not pooling. The user and password is good because the same
alias in apache dbcp works fine.

 Why are we not able to pool any connections here?

Here is a sample of context xml entry:

   <Resource name="jdbc/resource"
              auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
              fairQueue="true"
              factory="<customEncrytpedFactory>"
              username="<username>"
              password="<encrypted_password>"
              driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
              url="<url>"
              timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="1800000"
              validationQuery="SELECT 1 from dual"
              validationInterval="30000"