> Hi,
>
> We are using Tomcat 7.0.40 version. We are using Tomcat DBCP for pooling
> connections.
>
> We are able to pool connections for different aliases. But for one alias,
> connections are not pooling. The user and password is good because the
same
> alias in apache dbcp works fine.

>What do you mean by “alias”?  Not following you there.

Well, alias is the resource name.

> Why are we not able to pool any connections here?

>Also, what do you mean when you say it’s “not pooling”?  Are you getting
an >error or exception?  If so, what is it?

Yes, whenever a connection is requested from this particular resource, a
null pointer exception is thrown at the point of invoking getConnection.

> Here is a sample of context xml entry:

>Are you putting this in “conf/context.xml”?  If so, are you sure that’s
what you >want?

Yes, this is from context.xml. All the resources work except for one. What
could be the reason?

>   <Resource name="jdbc/resource"
>              auth="Container"
>              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>              fairQueue="true"
>              factory="<
customEncrytpedFactory>”

>Have you tried taking your custom factory out of the mix and using a stock
one? > Do you still see the same issue?

Since the same custom factory is working for other resources except for
this one, I have not tried this out.