On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>wrote:

> On May 20, 2014, at 7:47 AM, Aniket Bhoi <aniket.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It has been working perfectly fine thus far.As far as i have analysed
> there
> > have been no changes to the firewall or database settings.I will however
> > try and implement your suggestion to setup a validation query.
>
> 1.) Don’t top post.  Reply inline, like this, or at the bottom.  This is
> the convention we follow on this list.
>
> 2.) The fact that you have not recently changed your firewall or database
> settings doesn’t really mean much.  The problem may have not happened
> before because it just didn’t get triggered.  From the db / firewall side,
> what commonly causes this is a timeout.  The connection is open and idle
> for too long and either the DB server or firewall disconnects it.  Perhaps
> the connections just haven’t idled long enough until now.
>
> 3.) It’s generally good practice to have a validation query / testOnBorrow
> (or one of the other tests) enabled.  If you didn’t have this before, you
> should consider adding it regardless of the problem.  It can help with
> other things too.
>
> Dan
>

>    I  checked the code and the server settings,and We already have
validation query and testOnBorrow in place.We found out from our data
management team,that there have been many sleeping connections from the
tomcat servers to the database.

Sleeping threads =
http://dinesql.blogspot.in/2010/07/sql-server-sleeping-status-and.html

We got those connection threads killed just to make sure there the
connection pool limit isnt breached.However even after cleaning up those
connection threads to the DB ,we still gett the same exception.

Aniket