On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>  Perhaps
> >> the connections just haven’t idled long enough until now.
> >>
> >> 3.) It’s generally good practice to have a validation query /
> testOnBorrow
> >> (or one of the other tests) enabled.  If you didn’t have this before,
> you
> >> should consider adding it regardless of the problem.  It can help with
> >> other things too.
> >>
> >> Dan
> >>

> >>   I  checked the code and the server settings,and We already have
> > validation query and testOnBorrow in place.
>
> I suspect that there’s more to it than this.  Perhaps you could share your
> configuration?
>
> > We found out from our data
> > management team,that there have been many sleeping connections from the
> > tomcat servers to the database.
>
> This sounds normal to me.  A connection pool will maintain idle
> connections that do nothing.  It sounds like you’re not expecting to see
> this?
>

> > Sleeping threads =
> > http://dinesql.blogspot.in/2010/07/sql-server-sleeping-status-and.html
> >
> > We got those connection threads killed just to make sure there the
> > connection pool limit isnt breached.
>
> Do you not trust the connection pool?  If you set a limit in the pool, it
> won’t go past that.
>
> > However even after cleaning up those
> > connection threads to the DB ,we still gett the same exception.
>
> Dropping connections from the server side will very likely cause the
> exception that you’re reporting.  Since you’re dropping the connection
> outside of the pool, the pool has no idea that the connection has been
> closed.  Thus you get the exception you’re reporting.
>
> Dan
>

> > Aniket

> >> bad
> the
> >> pool
> be

> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolableConnection.close(PoolableConnection.java:84)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.close(PoolingDataSource.java:189)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator.closeResources(Unknown
> >>>>>

> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator.hasnext(Unknown
> >>>>>

> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator.access$500(Unknown
> >>>>>

> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator$1.hasNext(Unknown
> >>>>>
> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EntityProcessorBase.getNext(Unknown
> >>>>>

> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.ThreadedEntityProcessorWrapper.nextRow(Unknown
> >>>>>

> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder$EntityRunner.runAThread(Unknown
> >>>>>

> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder$EntityRunner.access$000(Unknown
> >>>>>
> >> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder$EntityRunner$1.run(Unknown
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown

Hi,

The issue still isnt resolved .I have tried putting in
validationquery,testOnborrow ,and removeabandoned=true.But I got this
exception :

java.sql.SQLException: Already closed.
        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolableConnection.close(PoolableConnection.java:84)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.close(PoolingDataSource.java:189)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator.closeResources(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator.hasnext(Unknown
Source)

Another interesting thing to note is that I set removeAbandoned=false,and
now I get the same exception with a different reason:

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Connection reset
        at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1368)
        at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1355)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.read(IOBuffer.java:1532)
        at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSReader.readPacket(IOBuffer.java:3274)
        at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSReader.nextPacket(IOBuffer.java:3227)
        at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSReader.ensurePayload(IOBuffer.java:3203)
        at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSReader.readBytes(IOBuffer.java:3518)
        at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSReader.readWrappedBytes(IOBuffer.java:35

Help appreciated folks!

Regards

Aniket