Resending previous email in plain text:

We have a maven project to develop a jersey 2.0 REST service, on Eclipse
(kepler)
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.glassfish.jersey.containers</groupId>
      <artifactId>jersey-container-servlet-core</artifactId>
      <version>2.9.1</version>
    </dependency>

In conjunction with:
- java8
- tomcat7

When deploying the web application (using `$ mvn install && mvn -X
tomcat7:redeploy`) we get the below exception:
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/glassfish/jersey/servlet/init/JerseyServletContainerInitializer :
Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 (unable to load class
org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.init.JerseyServletContainerInitializer)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:2840)

1. I examined the MANIFEST file in the org.glassfish.jersey.containers jar, &
(as suspected) it says built on 1.7 JDK
2. Tomcat logs confirm that it uses java8 itself

We cannot move back to java8.  Is there a way/hack we can get past this error?
---
smc