Hi,

we are running a server on Apache Tomcat 7.0.29 with usage of the servlet-api 3.0.1. From one of our customers we received a bug report that in certain times an IOException (Stream is closed)
is thrown while reading the data from a HttpServletRequest.

After some investigation we added some logging and now we see the following information: First we logged the headers of the http request (by using HttpServletRequest#getHeaders()) and
we see a JSESSIONID cookie with a value of 'A'.
After this we use HttpServletRequest#getCookies() to log the cookies as well.
Here we only see a JSESSIONID cookie with a value of 'B'.

The requested sessionId from the servletRequest has value 'A' as well.

My question is: How can this be?
How is it possible that getCookies returns a cookie that is not defined in the header of the http request? Where does this cookie come from? And were did the cookie go that was defined in the header?

Regards,
Simon Kulessa.