> Hi Konstantin,
>

> On 08/07/14 09:45, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>
>> There is no "application/x-pointplus" string in the default
>> conf/web.xml of Tomcat. So first you have to find where the string
>> comes from.
>

> Yeap, that's the problem, we cannot reproduce the issue: it works fine in
> Linux and Windows, also in two OSX I have access. But for whatever reason we
> got two different users with the same issue in OSX. It failes both in a
> regular tomcat and the embedded one provided by the maven plugin.
>
> We have integration tests over Jetty, and on those conflicting environments
> the test successfully passes.
>
> So definetely something is different there... but hard to find.
>

>> Tomcat component that is responsible for serving a static file and
>> setting its mime-type is DefaultServlet.  If the file is served by
>> something else  (e.g. by a different servlet in some framework,  or by
>> different server - e.g. if you serve all static files directly from
>> Apache HTTPD),  then you are on your own.
>

> In our case we have a filter for serving static content from modules (jars).
> Marmotta has a custom modules' architecture.
>

>> Are those files mentioned in Tomcat's access log file?
>

> I have to ask.
>

>> What version of Servlet Specification is declared in your
>> WEB-INF/web.xml file? Does it have metadata-complete="true" attribute
>> on its <web-app> element?
>

> We are using 3.0. metadata-complete is not explicitly set there. Shoild it
> help?

The default value (metadata-complete="false") means that effective
web.xml is merged both from webapp's WEB-INF/web.xml and from all
META-INF/web-fragment.xml files found in all *.jars in your web
application (or in classpath in general - as depends on
configuration).

It may be that some <rogue> library is injecting a mime-type mapping
via a web fragment file.

The effective merged web.xml can be logged by setting
logEffectiveWebXml="true" option on <Context>,

Note that scanning for the fragment takes some time, so setting
metadata-complete="true" would make your web application to start up
faster.

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo/FasterStartUp

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko