Hello:

Up until now, I have always run Apache in front of Tomcat.
I am wondering if I should change to using Tomcat as a standalone server.

My concern is how to use multiple virtual hosts with a single SSL instance
running on the standard https port.

With httpd server, I can access my webapp using the directory name in
the URL.  For example, if I have an app called app1, it uses URLs that
look like this:
http://www.app1.com/app1/index.html
https://ssl.example.com/app1/index.html

If I have another app, it would use urls like this:
http://www.app2.com/app2/index.html
https://ssl.example.com/app2/index.html

This is because mod_jk will forward anything with the app name as the
first part of the URL to Tomcat.

>From what I am reading in the documentation, Tomcat uses the hostname
to determine the webapp to use.  That won't work since they need to
use the same hostname in ssl mode.

Thanks,
  Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972) 834-1565
We lend money to investors to buy or refinance single family rent houses.