Hi Sapna,

Am 15.08.2014 01:51, schrieb Sapna Kumari:
Hi All,

My apologies if the questions are too stupid or naive.

The problem is I have two servers under my vip (oia-vip.example.com) When I
have either of the one servers(server1 or server2) running  we are able to
login to my application(oracle Identity Analytics - OIA ) fine.

But when our application instance is running  on both the servers under a
VIP, then we face issues  post logging in to the application.

From the OIA logs, Initially when we hit the application url, it goes to
one server, we are able to login just fine but when we click on any link in
the application it goes to the other server under the VIP and logs us out
of the application.

  When we have only one instance running under the VIP we do not face any
login issues coz all the traffic is directed to one server only.

  Now My n/w guy says "*the LTM is looking for a cookie being passed from
the application in the HTTP_RESPONSE headers which match this name:
App_passive_cookie*"

  Now how  do I know what cookie is being passed by my application ?

My Apache tomcat version is 5.5.33

OIA version is 11.1.1.3

If I understand you correctly there is a f5 BigIP Loadbalancer in front of your Tomcat Servers. A usual application will not send this very specific response Header. You will need to customize your application. Another solution could be to change the persistence mode on the LTM.

According to http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/manuals/product/ltm_configuration_guide_10_0_0/ltm_persist_profiles.html the LTM seems to support the HTTP Cookie Insert Method. If your application already uses session cookies for persistence then another persistence cookie inserted by the loadbalancer should work without changes on your existing application.

To check for cookie you can use the developer tools included in IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.

e.g. Firefox: open console with CRTL+Shift+J, Activate network and reload your webpage. When you see the server response click on the response code on the right side. A new window will show a table with Cookie and Response-Header information.

As Oracle seems to support cluster configuration of OIA you could also ask their support about the setup requirements.

        Stefan

--
Mayr Stefan

Hausen - Gassenaecker 10