Thank you Stefan!!
I checked and as you said an usual application does not set that cookie in
its response, and our application falls in that category.
I have had the n/w guys enabled active persistence for the application and
now I am not facing the issue of session expiring and able to navigate just
fine with two instances running under one VIP.

Thanks.
Sapna