I'm running CentOS 7 and I've tried this on Tomcat 7.0.55 and 8.0.12, both
with the same results.  This also works perfectly fine in a production
environment with 7.0.55.

I'm running CAS and without clustering Tomcat, the login page works
perfectly.  When I attempt to cluster Tomcat, I have to hit the login page
twice.  The first time I log in, it simply clears the fields and goes back
to the login page.  The second time I log in it works.  I'm posting to this
list because I'm pretty sure it's something I'm missing with Tomcat config,
not CAS the application as it works just fine in production.

I have tried this with a fully configured cluster section in server.xml and
with just uncommenting the default cluster tag.  It happens either way.  If
I don't have a cluster section at all in server.xml, CAS works as it should.

The logs aren't showing any errors or anything that seems useful to this
problem.  I have run out of things to try and it works fine on 3 out of 4
of the Tomcat servers.  I have gone so far as to completely wipe out this
one server and build it back from scratch.  Never-the-less, the problem
remains.

I've run out of things to try and would appreciate any suggestions anyone
may have.

Thanks,
Peter

--