Got it working myself finally.

Removed the Java_OPS property settings in the Tomact setenv.bat

Rather in my servlet:

    private static final String TRUST_STORE =
"/WEB-INF/certificates/XXXProdTrustStore.jks";
    private static final String KEY_STORE =
"/WEB-INF/certificates/XXXProdKeyStore.jks";
    private static final String CERTIFICATE_PASSWORD = "XXXX";
    private static final String PROXY_HOST = "10.64.XX.XXX";
    private static final String PROXY_PORT = "80XX";

..

        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword",
CERTIFICATE_PASSWORD);
        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore",
context.getRealPath(TRUST_STORE));
        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStore",
context.getRealPath(KEY_STORE));
        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword",
CERTIFICATE_PASSWORD);
        System.setProperty("https.proxyHost", PROXY_HOST);
        System.setProperty("https.proxyPort", PROXY_PORT);

--
Regards Suleman