From: Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 1:14 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat JVM Crash

On 03/10/2014 17:11, Igal @ getRailo.org wrote:
>> Whose problem is this: Google, Apache Tomcat, GoDaddy(SSL), or Oracle?
>> regardless of whose fault this is, Tomcat should be patched so that it
>> doesn't crash.

The general position of the Tomcat developers is that we do *not* patch
Tomcat to work around bugs in third party code.

There have been exceptions in the past but - since this JVM bug as a
workaround available - I very much doubt that Tomcat will be patched to
avoid this (even if such a patch was possible which looks unlikely).

> can you produce a reduced test case so that the good people at Tomcat
> can reproduce it on their end and patch it?

A reproducible test case is definitely a good thing but it needs to go
to Oracle, not to the Tomcat devs.

Note we do have some contacts with Oracle we can use to ensure a bug
report gets in front of the right people.

Mark