On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Christopher Schultz <
ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> On 11/26/14 9:03 AM, Kernel freak wrote:
> > After arguing with the admins for all this time, I finally have the
> > few files ready. I have the following files :
> >
> > keystore.p12
>
> That should contain your key. Can you confirm that with a 'keytool -list'?
>
> > server.crt
>
> Is this the certificate that was signed by the CA?

Yes, this is certificated signed by CA, but its a servercertificate, the
domain certificate is below.

> > ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
>
> Uh, oh. That looks like one of OpenSSL's built-in CAs that are used
> for documentation and instructional purposes. I hope this isn't being
> used for anything at all.
>
> > domainname.com.ca-bundle
>
> This should be the bundle of certificates for your domain, which may
> include intermediate certificates. Are you using your own internal CA
> or something?
>
> > domainname.com.crt
>
> Which certificate is this?

This is the SSL certificate which has to be deployed.

> > domainname.com.csr
>
> Is this the CSR that you generated yourself?

No, this is also provided by hosting guys

> > domainname.com.key
>

> Weird. Okay, I would expect domainname.com.key to have the key that
> was used to generate domainname.com.csr, and that domainname.com.crt
> is a signed version of that CSR. That should be all you need... I'm
> not sure what all the other stuff is.
>
> > vsftpd.pem.
>
> What is this?
>
> > I did the following as Christoph said:
> >
> > root@domainname:/etc/ssl/private# openssl pkcs12 -export -in
> > server.crt -inkey ssl-cert-snakeoil.key -certfile
> > domainname.com.crt -out keystore.p12 -chain  (pressed enter here)
> > unable to load certificates  // This is the error.
>
> I think you might want to do this:
>
> $ openssl pkcs12 -export -in domainname.com.crt \
>                       -inkey domainname.com.key \
>                    -certfile domainname.com.ca-bundle \
>                         -out keystore.p21 -chain
>
> $ keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore keystore.p12 \
>           -srcstoretype pkcs12 \
>           -destkeystore keystore.jks
>
> You are supposed to be able to use PKCS12 keystores directly with
> Tomcat, but IIRC it's a pain and a bit more finicky than with just a
> "normal" JKS-format keystore.
>
> > If i just plain import the .crt file like this :
> >
> > keytool -import -alias tomcat -file domainname.com.crt -keystore
> > /root/.keystore
>
> A couple of things:
>
> 1. Don't run as root. Not for anything. Not even to run keytool.
> 2. Don't store your keystore under /root/.keystore, or you'll (likely)
> have to run Tomcat as root. You can put your keystore anywhere you
> want and point Tomcat to it explicitly.
> 3. If you import a certificate into a keystore and there is nothing
> else in it (the keystore), then you can't perform a handshake because
> the key is required for secure communication.
>
> > Then firefox gives me this error :
> >
> > An error occurred during a connection to domainname.com:8443.
> > Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption
> > algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)
> >
> > The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
> > authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please
> > contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
>
> The no_cipher_overlap error is likely to be incorrect... the real
> problem is that the server can't decrypt the client's handshake
> because the key is unavailable.
>
> I think you might need to get some help with this from someone else at
> your organization... someone who is a bit more versed in PKI and
> configuring TLS for web servers.

I have told you what key is for what, can you give me the updated commands
please, unfortunately there is no one here who knows this.