On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 12:01 AM, Filip Hanik <fi...@hanik.com> wrote:

> Couple of things that comes to mind
>
> 1. the 'java' binary that gets executed is actually not the one you think
> it is
> 2. the file /wintouch/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar is corrupted or not readable
> by the JVM hence it can't find the class
>
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina is distributed as part of
catalina.jar, located at CATALINA_BASE/lib.

catalina.jar is loaded by commonloader defined having classpath defined in
catalina.properties:

common.loader="${catalina.base}/lib","${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar","${catalina.home}/lib","${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar"

As stack-trace shows Bootstrap has been loaded successfully. So
bootstrap.jar is not an issue.

Can you please check your conf/catalina.properties, if it contains above
line?

Filip