Hi all!

I'm using Tomcat8. I'm not quite understand about the description of
'scanAllDirectories' attribute of the <JarScanner> component.
The doc says if this attribute is set true, 'any directories found on the
classpath will be checked to see if they are expanded JAR files. ... Tomcat
determines if a directory is an expanded JAR file by looking for a META-INF
sub-directory'.
Does it mean that we could extract the content of a JAR file(including the
META-INF dir) to a folder under /WEB-INF/lib or /WEB-INF/classes(with
unpackWAR=true) of my web application, and Tomcat will load associated
classes, which were originally in the JAR, from this folder?
I have tried this, but it seems not to work.
So what does 'expanded JAR' mean? And how could we make use of it?

Regards,
Nan