On 18/12/2014 01:57, Nan Ge wrote:

>> Which part of "WEB-INF/lib is only ever scanned for JARs. Everything
>> else is ignored." did you not understand?
>

>  Yes, I see that only WEB-INF/lib/*.jar files are scanned.
>

>>> And which directories/classpath  the document indicates when it saying
>> "If
>>> true, any directories found on the classpath will be checked to see if
>> they
>>> are expanded JAR files" , if it "won't work for either of those
>>> directories"?
>>
>> As per the docs, scanAllDirectories applies to directories found on the
>> class path not to WEB-INF/lib since it is not on the class path.
>> (WEB-INF/lib/*.jar is on the class path and that is not a directory).
>>
> And for WEB-INF/classes, only unpacked classes and resources(without any
> top-level non-package-name directories) are accepted, an "expanded JAR
> file" is not accepted here.

Wrong. If WEB-INF/classes/META-INF exists and scanAllDirectories is set,
the contents of WEB-INF/classes will be treated as an expanded JAR.

> The difference between "unpacked classes" and
>  "expanded JAR file" is whether there is a top-level folder outside plus a
> sibling META-INF folder beside the "unpacked classes", is it right?

Wrong again. See above.

> Then where else should I put an "expanded JAR file", except WEB-INF/lib
> and WEB-INF/classes?

"should" depends on what you are trying to achieve - something you
haven't yet explained.

> How to define the class path?

Generally you don't. Explicitly changing the class path is usually a
sign you are doing something wrong.

Mark