Chris,

On 1/12/15, 11:36 AM, "Christopher Schultz" <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
wrote:

>Peter,
>
>On 1/12/15 2:28 PM, Peter Rifel wrote:
>> Chris,
>>
>> On 1/12/15, 11:08 AM, "Christopher Schultz"
>> <ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>>
>> Peter,

>address="${multicast}" /> </Channel> </Cluster>

>> How is your load-balancer configured to distribute traffic?
>>
>>> Two of the instances are behind one load balancer, and the other
>>> 3 are behind another.  They each provide a different service but
>>> are running the same war application and we want sessions
>>> clustered across both services. Each load balancer's initial
>>> distribution is based on the least number of connections, with
>>> persistence based on source IP.
>
>So basically all requests are randomly sent to back-end nodes? Or are
>you using session stickiness or anything like that?

Sorry, I should have clarified.  Stickiness is based on the source ip, so
requests from the same IP will be routed to the same instance.  With these
applications we don't expect sessions to change Ips very often if at all,
but if you think it would help I could stick based on the JSESSIONID
cookie.

>- -chris

Peter