Hello,

I mentioned in an previous question that newer releases of tomcat7
(Windows) seems to be unpacking our war files to webapps when it wasn't
doing that previously.  We were running fine prior to this and have
encountered some issues replacing the war files with the corresponding
webapps dir not being updated properly (so we usually just delete them
prior to replacing the war).

I found unpackWARs in server.xml but according to the documentation: "WAR
files located outside of the Host's appBase will not be expanded." Which
doesn't seem to be the case for us (we're outside, but being expanded) -
unless I've misunderstood something.

So I changed that to false and started tomcat, but got errors along these
lines from our two wars...

SEVERE: Unable to process Jar entry
[com/google/gwt/thirdparty/guava/common/base
/Platform.class] from Jar [jar:jndi:/localhost/admin/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servle
t-2.6.1.jar!/] for annotations
java.io.EOFException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.FastDataInputStream.readInt(Fas
tDataInputStream.java:145)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassParser.readID(ClassParser.
java:200)

SEVERE: Unable to process Jar entry
[org/apache/james/mime4j/field/address/Mailb
ox.class] from Jar [jar:jndi:/localhost/admin/WEB-INF/lib/apache-mime4j-0.6
.jar!/] for annotations
java.io.EOFException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.FastDataInputStream.readUnsigne
dShort(FastDataInputStream.java:120)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.Utility.swallowFieldOrMethod(Ut

Jan 17, 2015 5:45:27 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDescriptor
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor C:\tomcat\conf\Catalina\loca
lhost\ROOT.xml
Jan 17, 2015 5:45:33 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
processAnnotat
ionsJar
SEVERE: Unable to process Jar entry
[org/apache/james/mime4j/field/address/Mailb
ox.class] from Jar
[jar:jndi:/localhost/WEB-INF/lib/apache-mime4j-0.6.jar!/] for
 annotations
java.io.EOFException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.FastDataInputStream.readUnsigne
dShort(FastDataInputStream.java:120)

SEVERE: Unable to process Jar entry
[com/google/gwt/thirdparty/guava/common/base
/Platform.class] from Jar
[jar:jndi:/localhost/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servlet-2.6.1.jar
!/] for annotations
java.io.EOFException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.FastDataInputStream.readInt(Fas
tDataInputStream.java:145)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassParser.readID(ClassParser.
java:200)

For now, we'll probably just leave unpackWARs to true, and delete the
webapps dirs - but if anyone has any insight...

Thanks.