Thank you Chris for your reply.

I think I was mislead by this error. My services--both REST and SOAP--are
hosted by tomcat and used by downstream users with HTTPS. They are running
well for long time until some day one of downstream developers reported
that the WSDL URL cannot be accessible by his browsers and his code either.

At first I thought it was due to openSSL HeartBleed issue
<https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Security/Heartbleed> or POODLE issue
<http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Security/POODLE>. So I made respective
changes to server.xml and then restarted my service. I added highlighted
part as below:

*<Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
             maxThreads="150" SSLEnabled="true" scheme="https"
secure="true"               clientAuth="false"
sslProtocol="TLS" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2"
keystoreFile="xxx"
keystorePass="xxx" />*
It ran well after the restart, but last not for long. Soon, the developer
reported that he could not access the service again. It was NOT fixed and I
am so confused.

Yesterday, I was thinking why and how the user couldn't access the service?
Why not test it by myself? So I rolled back all my changes and wrote code
to call the service via REST and WSDL and both were running OK!(Still I
cannot open WSDL URL in my browsers, I think it is SSL issue.)

Also, there is never a production user reporting this issue. So I think it
might be something wrong with the developer's code(it is .NET code on which
I have 0 knowledge), I will keep on watching this.