Jason,

On 1/23/15 3:27 AM, Jason Y wrote:
> Thank you Chris for your reply.
>
> I think I was mislead by this error. My services--both REST and
> SOAP--are hosted by tomcat and used by downstream users with HTTPS.
> They are running well for long time until some day one of
> downstream developers reported that the WSDL URL cannot be
> accessible by his browsers and his code either.

Now accessible .. how? 404 response? Unexpected content in response?
Infinite timeout? Connection refused?

> At first I thought it was due to openSSL HeartBleed issue
> <https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Security/Heartbleed> or POODLE
> issue <http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Security/POODLE>.

You have misunderstood the nature of those vulnerabilities.

> So I made respective changes to server.xml and then restarted my
> service. I added highlighted part as below:
>
> *<Connector port="8443"
> protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol" maxThreads="150"
> SSLEnabled="true" scheme="https" secure="true"
> clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
> sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" keystoreFile="xxx"
> keystorePass="xxx" />* It ran well after the restart, but last not
> for long. Soon, the developer reported that he could not access the
> service again. It was NOT fixed and I am so confused.

Was it ever working, or had this "developer" even checked the service
after the restart?

> Yesterday, I was thinking why and how the user couldn't access the
> service? Why not test it by myself? So I rolled back all my changes
> and wrote code to call the service via REST and WSDL and both were
> running OK!

Sounds like WORKSFORME.

> (Still I cannot open WSDL URL in my browsers, I think it is SSL
> issue.)

What happens when you try to open that WSDL URL in your browser?

> Also, there is never a production user reporting this issue. So I
> think it might be something wrong with the developer's code (it is
> .NET code on which I have 0 knowledge), I will keep on watching
> this.

.NET can certainly call-up a web server and request a resource. You
need more details from this person. Direct them here if you'd rather
not be a go-between.