Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. By miss I sent the first e-mail in HTML format which
could be rejected as described in Apache Tomcat mailing list help so I send the
second e-mail in plain text format. I will keep your advice in mind.

Yes. I completely agree with you that we need to do some testing to identify
the required resources to support and fulfill user expectation and also this
vary from application to application but is there any default calculation
present with tomcat? Like, to process output of 1 'X' KB(total response page
size)request 1 thread require 'Y' MB of RAM with 'A' core 'Z.ZZ' Ghz processor.
Practically this may differ but if we get theoretical help on this, then before
going any testing we may justify some resource requirement to client.

I'm not Mark, but the answer is, as he said, totally dependent on your application.

I maintain two different TC applications. One of them returns a single ~1kB page to the user, but uses many megabytes of memory to process the data it needs to make the page, plus heavy database access. It has a few dozen users connecting once per day.

The other one has ~3000 simultaneous users performing a total of ~15M transactions per day around the clock. But the transactions are extremely simple, needing only a few dozen lines of code to process.

The first app above needs much more memory to do its thing, but only a couple of cores and a handful of threads. The 2nd app needs hardly any memory, but lots of threads and cores.

Put a profiler on your app and see what resource it is running out of first, and correct that before you start experimenting. TC's default settings have been vetted over many years to be reasonable choices for many applications, so don't go changing them unless you have a reason to.