Pavel,

On 3/27/2015 1:05 PM, Pavel Yermolenko wrote:
> Tomcat version: 8.02

Hopefully you meant 8.0.20 . . .

More at the end.

> JRE: 1.8 Platform: W7/64bit specific URI ...:  here I don't know
> ... I try to access to Manager App by clicking on button "ManagerA
> App" on the page http://localhost:8080/
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Caldarale, Charles R
> [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com] Sent: vendredi 27 mars 2015
> 20:15 To: Tomcat Users List Subject: RE: can't access to Manager
> Application in Eclipse
>
>> From: Pavel Yermolenko [mailto:py.oh...@sunrise.ch] Subject:
>> can't access to Manager Application in Eclipse
>
>> After "activating" of management accounts in tomcat-users.xml I
>> still can't access to "Manager App" page (please see extract from
>>  tomcat-users.xml below).
>
> Care to tell us the _exact_ Tomcat version you're using?  Also the
> JRE level, the platform you're running on, and the specific URI
> used when trying to access the Manager webapp.
>
> Again, read this:
>
> We can't read your mind.
>
> - Chuck

This gets a little complicated under the default Eclipse setup (caveat
- - I use NetBeans mostly).

By default, Eclipse uses a copy of the configuration in
C:\Users\[username]\workspace\plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp[n]

[username] is your user name
[n] is a number

In those directories you'll find conf/tomcat-users.xml

This appears to be copied over the FIRST time you start up Tomcat from
within Eclipse. Eclipse may not update these files on further startup
(don't know - haven't tested).

So, if you have your original Tomcat in:

C:\Apache\apache-tomcat-x.0.yy

And point your Eclipse to that as the Tomcat source, and then start up
Tomcat within Eclipse without updating tomcat-users.xml, Eclipse will
copy over the unedited (no users) version of tomcat-users.xml.

Further editing of
C:\Apache\apache-tomcat-x.0.yy\conf\tomcat-users.xml may not be
reflected by Eclipse.

A couple of things come to mind:

1. Edit the Eclipse version - painful but possible
2. Delete / reinstall the Eclipse server definition - may not update
   files
3. Switch locations to [workspace]/Servers/[server-name] and edit files
   there

Where [workspace] is your workspace (C:\Users\[username]\workspace)

I'm thinking that choice 3 is the easiest, and most manageable.

Again, I'm mostly a NetBeans user, which uses a default Tomcat
installation and the default ant tasks to manage Tomcat.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

---
is active.