Hi,

Hi, I used Yum to setup which installed Apache Tomcat/7.0.52. I am
trying to define CATALINA_HOME and really confused and don't know where
are the tomcat directoris. I use this

sudo yum install tomcat-native.x86_64 tomcat-admin-webapps.noarch
tomcat-servlet-3.0-api.noarch tomcat-webapps.noarch

I understand from reading some books and articles that I should have a
bin directory inside the base directory for the application which is not
the case. After searching my fedora box, I found

     /usr/share/tomcat/bin
     /usr/share/tomcat/conf (link)
     /usr/share/tomcat/lib (link)
     /usr/share/tomcat/WebApps (link)

but in bin directory, no start.sh nor stop.sh. I did a full search of
the hard drive, I came across

     /usr/sbin/tomcat
    /usr/libexec/tomcat
    /usr/bin/tomcat-tool-wrapper
    /usr/bin/tomcat-digest
    /usr/lib/systemd/system/tomcat@.service
    /usr/lib/systemd/system/tomcat.service
    /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/tomcat.conf

Opened tomcat.service, I can see the following lines:

     ExecStart=/usr/libexec/tomcat/server start
     ExecStop=/usr/libexec/tomcat/server stop

1st question, what should be the value for my CATALINA_HOME?
2nd, I have some scripts that calls
        bin/startup.sh
So how can I acheive this. I have some scripts running in jenkins, and
need to deploy the same application to several directories (dev, test,
staging) and need to be able to run multiple instances on different
ports.
so the 3rd question, is what is the minimum prerequisite to do in order
to deploy the war to those 3 different sites (should I create the 3
directories with server.xml and create vHost somewhere........)

Thanks in advance