Salam Y. Elias wrote:
Thanks Chuck, recommandation was great.

I downloaded 8.0.21, created three directories, each one with its own
Tomcat, chnaged some ports in server.xml and all 3 applications are
running like a charm.

However, I am trying to replace the Root with my application. I delete
the Root directory and create something like this

/opt/apache-tomcat-8-perfs/webapps/ROOT.war/my.war

I understand that when I start tomcat it should explode the war which is
not happening.

In my server.xml I have autoDeploy="true" as follows

 <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

but nothing happens, nothing is exploded and deployed to my webapps

this may help : http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_make_my_web_application_be_the_Tomcat_default_application.3F

(the last section looks like it was written specially for you)